Malvern Area Residents Can Look to EP Caine & Associates CPA, LLC for Tax and Financial Services Regarding Issues With 2014 Tax Forms

Residents in the Malvern area, concerned about information regarding their 2015 taxes, can look to EP Caine & Associates CPA, LLC for solutions and tax and financial services. When presented with an issue such as not receiving your tax forms, or discovering incorrect information on tax forms, it is challenging to decide what is the next step. Ed Caine discusses what actions need to be taken should you find yourself in this situation.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provides advice on their website should you have not yet received tax information, or your corrected tax information. You should have received all necessary tax forms prior to February 2, 2015. Since it is now past February 14, and should you not have yet to receive the missing or corrected form, the IRS needs to be contacted. It is important that you have as much information as possible when you contacting the IRS. Including

  • Your name, address, telephone number and social security number.
  • Employer’s name, address, and phone number.
  • The employer identification number (EIN) – if known.
  • An estimate of the wages earned, federal income tax withheld and dates of employment

After February 14, an IRS employee will contact your employer on your behalf to discuss the missing and/or incorrect tax information. The IRS will then send you a Form-4852 (Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, or Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Pans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.,) along with a letter with instructions for filling out the substitute form(s).

In some cases, you may not receive the missing or corrected form in time to file your tax return. In this situation, you can use a Form 4852 to complete your return. The form requires you to make estimates of income, if you ultimately receive the missing or correct form after you have filed your return and the information does not match your estimates, you can use Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

It is important to note, that upon calling the IRS for corrected information, it is a challenge to move past the automated menu and reach an actual person, as each menu has confusing options and you must know which option to select in order to accurately reach a representative to report that you having missing and/or incorrect information. Caine CPA & Associates CPA, LLC can make this call with you so that the process is made more simple. You must go through a series of menus and often experience long wait times until you can report your missing or incorrect tax information. This can be frustrating, but once completed, a letter is sent to the employer stating that the employer has ten days to either get you your tax form, corrected tax form, or inform you of how you can obtain the accurate information from the form to file your taxes.

Malvern residents can contact Ed Caine of EP Caine & Associates CPA, LLC for help with tax and financial services problems, including if you find yourself in the situation where you do not receive, or receive inaccurate tax forms. Call 610-525-2933 to get in touch for tax solutions.

no-repeat;center top;;